Dr Amir A Safe MD, FRCP, FRACP
Consultant Gastroenterologist & Endoscopist
Dr Saef received his basic and advanced medical and endoscopy training in Wales, Manchester and Bristol (United Kingdom). He worked as a research fellow and senior registrar for advanced training in General Medicine and Gastroenterology at University Hospitals Bristol (1989-1993).
He achieved his MD (Doctorate of Medicine) in 1992 from University Hospitals Bristol (UK). He worked as consultant physician and gastroenterologist in South Yorkshire from 1993 to 2003.
- Consultant gastroenterologist and endoscopist
- St John of God Hospital (Berwick), Glen Iris Private Hospital
- Frankston Hospital (sessions) and Gippsland Regional Hospital (sessions)
- North West Endoscopy Day Hospital
- The Glen Endoscopy Centre
Dr Safe has a direct referral endoscopy list at North West Day Hospital every second Wednesday and is available for consultation every second Wednesday and one Thursday every month.
- Conjoined Committee of the Gastroenterology Society of Australia & Royal Australasian College of Physicians, 1999
- European Board of Gastroenterology, 1998
- Joined Committee of the Higher Training Diploma in General Medicine and Gastroenterology, 1992
- Providing general gastroenterology services
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy,
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Inflammatory bowel disease