New State Government COVID-19 Requirements
Effective immediately, the below requirements applies to all staff, patients and visitors at The Endoscopy Centre.
- Social Distancing – All patients and visitors are asked to maintain 1.5m distance apart, wherever possible.
- Body Temperature Screening – Everyone attending the Day Hospital must have their body temperature screened.
- Screening Questions – Everyone entering the Day Hospital will be asked the following questions:
– Have you returned from overseas (any country) within the last 14 days?
– Have you been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 during the 14 days prior to visiting this Day Hospital?
– Do you have a fever or respiratory illness like symptoms? (cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, rapid breathing, a sore throat, or a runny nose, with or without fever), loss of sense of smell or taste.If you answer YES to any of these questions, please DO NOT come to the Centre and present to your GP or nearest Emergency Department. We appreciate your assistance and understanding with this matter.
- Infection control and hand hygiene – will be enforced and use of hand sanitiser when entering and exiting our Day Hospitals.
- Visitors. Only one accompanying care/support individual is permitted to enter the Day Hospital. It is recommended that the patient be dropped off at the entrance and that only one adult/carer to enter the facility for pick up.
- Masks. All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask on entering the Day Hospital.
Please be kind and supportive of the staff who have been requested to undertake these roles.